*FULL VIEW PLEASE*
This my entry into the Kick Your Own @ss contest - [link]
- into the traditional category.
The stock image used as a reference is [link]
. If this is displayed anywhere then please credit her along side the work.
Old work 2007 - [link]
New Work 2009 - [link]
All I can say is wow! It might not be perfect, but there is definate improvement. The first one was my first submission to dA, almost exactly two years ago. I really hope you like it, because I'm really quite proud!
Both works are of Lirael for the novel of the same title by Garth Nix. I did a small amount of processing in photoshop just to get the tones back that disappeared in the scanning.
Let my know what you think
EDIT - just switched it so they the old one is on the left *facepalm*
- I actually used a reference!
- The face is proportional
- The new one looks human
- Shading is more precise and smooth, and not just anywhere where I chose to put it
- I wasn't afraid to have more of a variety of tones
- TBH, I think that it's better in every way that drawing can be!